Thursday, February 23, 2017
The River Inn & Banquet Facility
1700 Elm Street
Boscobel, WI 53805
Registration: 10:30 a.m.
Program: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hosted by: Grant/Lafayette and Richland Counties
What kind of cattle do buyers want?
Presenter: Bloomington Livestock Exchange
Nutrition from weaning to finish
Presenter: Dr. Dan Schaefer, Dept. of Animal Science, UW-Madison
Market outlook and factors influencing price discovery
Presenter: Dr. Brenda Boetel, UW-Extension Livestock Economist
Registration due by: Thursday, February 16, 2017
Cost $20 per person (includes Lunch by Ma’s Bakery and materials)
Make checks payable to: UWEX
Send Registrations to:
Grant County Extension Office
Attn: Kory Stalsberg
916 E. Elm Street, Ste A
Lancaster, WI 53813
For questions, please contact:
Kory Stalsberg, Grant County UW Extension Office
Phone: (608) 723-2125 or email: email@example.com
Adam Hady, Richland County UW Extension Office
Phone (608) 647-6148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Extension Cattle Feeders Workshop Series to be held at 8 locations around Wisconsin Feb 20 through Feb 23rd.
How Fed Cattle Traits Influence Buyer Interest, Nutrition from Weaning to Finish and Market Outlook and Factors Influencing Price Discover will be addressed at these annual workshops.
Representatives from sale barns will lead a discussion on traits that buyer look for that indicate the likelihood of a high quality carcass and which traits detract from an animal’s value when determining how much to bid for fed cattle. Some locations may have live animals to discuss depending on the location and availability.
Building on the discussion of positive and negative traits in fed cattle, Dr. Dan Schaefer, UW Animal Science Department will lead a discussion on nutrition from weaning through finish to produce animals with favorable traits to the buyers.
Dr. Brenda Boetel, UW Extension Livestock Economist will present a market outlook and factors influencing price discovery.
The Cattle Feeders Clinics will be held at the following locations around the state beginning on February 20th and going through February 23rd. Links to brochures for each location can be found at this link http://fyi.uwex.edu/wbic/calendar.
Dates, locations, and host Extension Offices for the Cattle Feeder’s series are as follows. Registration fees will vary by location:
- Marten Center 120 S. Franklin St, Mondovi, registration 1:30 pm, program from 2 pm to 4pm program, Contact: Buffalo County Extension Office, 608-685-6256
- Ag Service & Education Center 1960 8th Ave Baldwin, 6:00 pm registration, program 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Contact: St. Croix County Extension Office 715-531-1930
- Equity Sale Barn, Hwy 45, Marion, noon lunch, presentations, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, contact: Waupaca County Extension Office 715-258-6231
- Chissy’s Pub, Waldo
- United Farm Credit Service 1207 North Central Ave, Marshfield – registration 9:00 am Program 9:30 to 11:30, contact the Marquette County Extension Office at 608-297-3141
- Jefferson County Extension Office- Jefferson, registration 6:00 pm registration, 6:30 pm to 8:30pm program. Contact: Jefferson County Extension Office 920-674-7297
- The River Inn & Banquet Center at Boscobel, 10:30 registration, program from 11 am to 2 pm. Contact: Grant County Extension Office at 608-723-2125
- Sparta, Jake’s Northwoods, 5:30 registration, 6:00 pm meal, program 6:45 pm to 9 :00 pm contact: Monroe County Extension Office 608-269-8722
UW Extension Livestock Team
The Cattle Feeder Seminar Series provides educational information as a service to the public. Reference to a product, trademark, or place of business does not constitute an endorsement by UWEX nor imply approval to the exclusion of similar products or businesses.